All neighbours and community members are cordially invited to this information meeting. The WEN Demolition Alert List is being contacted.
What: Neighbourhood Info Meeting about Maxine’s Demolition for Concord Pacific’s Alexandra at 1215 Bidwell
When: Thursday (Aug 25, 2011), 7 to 7:30 pm (rain or shine)
Where: 1215 Bidwell Street, sidewalk
Messages: (1) The STIR program, this demolition and this development are unacceptable and unfair for the community. (2) Developers and City Council should not expect this kind of program/rezoning/development to be approved again.
Purposes of meeting:
- Inform: Share with the community what we know about this specific rezoning/demolition/development case and put it into context.
- Call to action: Citizens should be fully engaged in the upcoming community plan process in order to guide the future of our own community.
- Support immediate neighbours: They will need to prepare to deal with and to minimize the impacts of demolition on their lives.
Context: This demolition is a significant event for the entire West End community. We are gathering to share information about its history, its implications, and what we can do about it and the related issues (heritage, livability, affordability and quality of life) for everyone.
Flow and content:
- Provide the history and facts we know about this case (STIR program, rezoning, Millennium receivership, Concord Pacific gets involved as partner – current status of demolition and development)
- Report what neighbours learned with the demolition at 1401 Comox about what the community (especially the immediate neighbours) needs to do in order to protect against and minimize disturbances.
- Discussion, Q&A…