Special Forum on City’s Draft
Community Plan for West End
- 7 to 9 pm
- August 28, 2013 (Wednesday)
- West End Community Centre
- (Barclay Room, at front, 870 Denman Street)
- Register online (https://wenforum-aug28.eventbrite.com) or just show up
- Download poster in PDF format: WEN, West End Community Plan Forum, 28-Aug-2013, rev-2
– Charlie Smith, Editor, the Georgia Straight
- From the City:
– Brian Jackson, General Manager, Planning and Development Services
– Kevin McNaney, Assist Dir, Planning (responsible for Central Area Planning including the West End)
There will be brief opening presentations. The senior City staff will be present to clarify facts and answer questions about the process and content of the community plan.
The main focus of the event is an open microphone session. This is to allow a broad discussion by people present. Everything is on the table. This is a great chance for residents to hear from each other directly. The emphasis will be on community members expressing their views, asking questions, and discussing issues.
[In the next couple of months, the West End may be at the end of an 18-month community planning process that began in the spring of 2012. The Plan will guide development and change our neighbourhood for the next generation or two. Some big changes are being proposed. But only 1% of 45,000 West Enders attended the City’s June Open Houses that revealed “emerging directions.” And only 0.3% of West Enders submitted feedback through written and online questionnaires after those Open Houses.]
HAVE YOUR SAY! ALL ARE WELCOME!
- Organizer: www.WestEndNeighbours.wordpress.com
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org