FSR proposed at a shockingly high 9.45. About 22 storeys. Henriquez Partner Architects. More information: Rezoning Centre. Stay tuned for further analysis from WEN. Official data is copied below.
Rezoning and Development Permit Application – 1155 Thurlow Street (1108 Pendrell Street) (DE417385)
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1155 Thurlow Street from RM-5B (Multiple-Family Dwelling) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District to allow development of a 22-storey mixed-use building including market and non-market rental housing, retail space, a church and a preschool. The proposal includes:
- proposed floor space ratio (FSR) of 9.45;
- proposed floor area of 15,177.1 m² (163,365 sq. ft.);
- the proposed height is 62.9 m (206.3 ft.);
- 168 market rental housing units are proposed;
- 45 non-market rental housing units are proposed; and
- 133 parking stalls are proposed
The application was made under the Policy on Consideration of Rezoning Applications and Heritage Revitalisations Agreement During Community Planning Processes and the Mayor’s Task Force on Housing Affordability.
A community open house is scheduled from 5:00-8:00pm on Monday, February 3, 2014 at the Central Presbyterian Church at 1155 Thurlow Street with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (October 31, 2013)
- Context Plan (1.42mb)
- Project Data (475kb)
- Proposed Design (1.38mb)
- Building Form (2.05mb)
- Building Program (685kb)
- Building Elevations (1.13mb)
- Building Sections (534kb)
- Parking Plan (706kb)
- Floor Plans (2.45mb)
- Roof Plan (371kb)
- Shadow Studies (908kb)
- Streetscapes (1.33mb)
- Landscape Plan (2.61mb)
- View Cone Analysis (1.88mb)
- Notice of Rezoning Application and Community Open House (56kb) (REVISED) This notice was revised to correct the proposed new address from 1108 Pender Street to 1108 Pendrell Street
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: February 3, 2014
- RM-5B (Multiple Dwelling) District Schedule (206kb)
- Mayor’s Task Force on Housing Affordability
- Policy on Consideration of Rezoning Applications and Heritage Revitalisations Agreement During Community Planning Processes (36kb)
Additional plans are available for viewing at the Planning Department, Third Floor, East Wing of City Hall, at 2675 Yukon Street.
Applicant Contact: Gregory Henriquez, Henriquez Partners Architects, 604.687.5681
[Note – Same this is the same architect as at Maxines at Bidwell/Davie, now known as The Alexandra, and at 1401 Comox St John’s Church, now known as 1061 Broughton.]