Wednesday and Thursday, April 9th & 10th, 2014
Court starts at 10 am
BC Supreme Court, entrance from Nelson Street.
Look on room information board for WEN Residents Society vs City of Vancouver
- Please be respectful. No noise is permitted. Recordings are not permitted. Anyone can take notes. Start time is to be 10 am, but we do not know how much time will be required. Check back on our website for updates.
- For citizens this is an opportunity to see your public servants, the legal department of the City of Vancouver, at work. We believe WEN has made a valid petition about serious issues and want our elected officials and City Hall to work in the public interest, be more honest about what it is doing, and stop wasting taxpayers’ money. It will be interesting to see how they operate.
Reminder: WEN welcomes further donations to help defray legal costs. Help us win this case and make Vancouver City Hall more honest and stop wasting taxpayers money. To donate online or by cheque, click here. (Everything we do is based on volunteer time, but we do need donations to pay legal costs.) For more information on donating or the details of the legal case, write us at email@example.com.
Background reading: Media release of February 5, 2014.
- BC Supreme Court direct link.
- Momentous WEN legal challenge against City of Vancouver goes to Supreme Court April 9 and 10
- STIR program example: Affordable? $1820 for 1 bedroom rental apartment – 546 sq ft (The Alexandra, at Bidwell and Davie)
- West End residents take Vision Vancouver to court over market housing policy (Carlito Pablo, The Straight, 19-Feb-2014)
- MEDIA RELEASE: City gives developers and staff the power to determine what constitutes “affordable rental housing”