A Public Hearing will occur on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at Vancouver City Hall, for an important development application in the West End — a 22-storey tower at 1155 Thurlow Street. Below we provide official information from the City, based on e-mail, website (Rezoning Centre and Public Hearing agenda). Separately, we will provide an independent analysis, time permitting. If you feel you are affected by this development, we encourage you to write or speak to City Council. See the Public Hearing agenda for info on how to do so.
1155 Thurlow Street
North 1/2 of Lot 1, South 1/2 of Lot 1, East 1/2 of Lot 2 and West 1/2 of Lot 2, Block 24 District Lot 185 Plan 92; PIDs 015-750-051, 015-750-060, 015-750-078 and 015-750-086 respectively
To rezone 1155 Thurlow Street from RM-5B (Multiple Dwelling) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District, to permit the development of a 22-storey mixed-use building comprised of a church, child day care facility, one retail unit, and a total of 213 dwelling units of which 168 would be secured as market rental housing and 45 would be secured as social housing. The proposed floor space ratio (FSR) is 9.45 and height is 63 metres (207 feet).
From City of Vancouver Rezoning Centre
Rezoning and Development Permit Application – 1155 Thurlow Street (1108 Pendrell Street) (DE417385)
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1155 Thurlow Street from RM-5B (Multiple-Family Dwelling) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District to allow development of a 22-storey mixed-use building including market and non-market rental housing, retail space, a church and a preschool. The proposal includes:
- proposed floor space ratio (FSR) of 9.45;
- proposed floor area of 15,177.1 m² (163,365 sq. ft.);
- the proposed height is 62.9 m (206.3 ft.);
- 168 market rental housing units are proposed;
- 45 non-market rental housing units are proposed; and
- 133 parking stalls are proposed
The application was made under the Policy on Consideration of Rezoning Applications and Heritage Revitalisations Agreement During Community Planning Processes and the Mayor’s Task Force on Housing Affordability.
Related documents from Rezoning Centre.
Application (October 31, 2013)
- Context Plan (1.42mb)
- Project Data (475kb)
- Proposed Design (1.38mb)
- Building Form (2.05mb)
- Building Program (685kb)
- Building Elevations (1.13mb)
- Building Sections (534kb)
- Parking Plan (706kb)
- Floor Plans (2.45mb)
- Roof Plan (371kb)
- Shadow Studies (908kb)
- Streetscapes (1.33mb)
- Landscape Plan (2.61mb)
- View Cone Analysis (1.88mb)
- Notice of Rezoning Application and Community Open House (56kb) (REVISED) This notice was revised to correct the proposed new address from 1108 Pender Street to 1108 Pendrell Street
- Notice of Public Hearing (70kb)
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: February 12, 2014 – Evaluation: Support (6-1)
- Community Open House: February 3, 2014
- RM-5B (Multiple Dwelling) District Schedule (206kb)
- Mayor’s Task Force on Housing Affordability
- Policy on Consideration of Rezoning Applications and Heritage Revitalisations Agreement During Community Planning Processes (36kb)
Additional plans are available for viewing at the Planning Department, Third Floor, East Wing of City Hall, at 2675 Yukon Street.
Applicant Contact: Gregory Henriquez, Henriquez Partners Architects, 604.687.5681