A rezoning application for an icon of the West End, the Gabriola Mansion at 1523 Davie Street, goes to Public Hearing on Tuesday, November 14, 2017. It is item #2 on the agenda for the meeting, which starts at 6 pm.
Official information on the application:
Basic details of the application:
To amend the text of CD-1 (248) (Comprehensive Development) District for 1523 Davie Street (Gabriola Mansion) for:
- the preservation and restoration of significant heritage elements of the Gabriola Mansion;
- the conversion of the mansion into 16 market rental units;
- four new infill market rental townhouses to be developed in the northeast corner of the property;
- an increase in floor space ratio (FSR) from 0.35 to 0.89; and
- no increase in height from the existing CD-1 (248).
Public Hearing agenda and documents, including correspondence:
Vancouver council to decide on new uses for two old mansions: Casa Mia to become a care facility, while the Gabriola Mansion slated for rental units (by Justin McElroy, CBC, 9-Nov-2017)