The Friday June 29 meeting is focused on housing, and features a keynote presentation by MLA Spencer Chandra Herbert, who is chair of the Rental Housing Task Force.
Where: St Andrews Wesley Church – 1018 Nelson Street,
● St Andrews Wesley Program Updates
● Central Presbyterian Updates
● Mole Hill Housing Society Updates and Hydro Substation
● Gordon Neighbourhood House & Seniors Advisory Committee Updates
● Battered Women Support Services Program Updates
● West End Coal Harbour Community Policing Updates
● QMUNITY program Updates
The Rental Housing Task Force wants to better understand what further changes may be needed to modernize B.C.’s tenancy laws.
- Identifying options to improve security and fairness for both renters and rental housing providers, while addressing the challenges of affordability;
- A review of the existing laws and how they apply to different housing situations;
- A review of innovative approaches in other jurisdictions.
More details HERE on the Rental Housing Task Force. If you can’t make a community meeting, you can still participate in the online discussion at the same link, until July 6 at 4 p.m.