How would you spend $100,000 to improve the West End?
Today’s the last day to vote in the West End Participatory Budgeting process!
Community members get to directly decide how to spend public money that affects the West End. There is $100,000 to spend and 14 different community improvement projects to choose from. Vote for the projects that are important to you.
Dont’ miss your chance to weigh in – you have until 11:59 pm tonight, February 4th!
Click here to vote via the City website.
How does the community vote work?
- West End community members get to vote on how to spend $100,000 of public funds to improve their neighbourhood.
- Voting is open to anyone aged 12 and up, with a clear connection to the West End (live, work, or volunteer).
- There are 14 community improvement projects of various funding requirements. Read about the projects PDF file (2.4 MB)
- Voters may select and rank up to 4 of their favourite projects.
- Votes will be counted, and announced on February 8 at the community announcement event.
- Top ranked projects that fit within the $100,000 budget will be allocated funding and implemented within 18 months.