There are many ways to protect the quality of life in our neighbourhood. But often people do not know where to start or how to take action. These are some of the ways you can get involved.
- Contact city councillors and the city planners – write them an email or letter stating your views.
- Sign the “NO REZONING WITHOUT A COMPREHENSIVE PLAN” petition. Over 12,000 people have signed our petition.
- Attend any upcoming rezoning and City Planning meetings and speak to city council. Each person’s attendance is noticed and it does make a difference!
- Join our West End walks.
- Make a complaint if there is anything unusual or if there are problems at any development site.
- Join our Facebook group.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Stay informed.
- Talk to your neighbors.
- Get the word out. Download and print community notices and post them in your building or on public message boards.
- Learn about the rezoning applications. For official information, visit the City’s site.
- Sign up for our newsletter.