Inquire or Make a Complaint

Important: If  you see unusual or suspicious call the police 911 immediately.

If you see a fire call the fire hall 011 AND the police 911.

If you have concerns about any construction or activity around a demolition or development site, you can

  • contact the City by dialing 311 and ask that a building inspector be sent to the site. (Hours are 7 am to 10 pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Interpretation services are available.)
  • E-mail
  • Get more information is at

Contact these sites if you have concerns about:

Construction hours allowed on private property:

Monday to Friday: 7:30 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
NO construction permitted on Sundays and Holidays.

Construction noise: Call the Noise Complaints Hotline: 311. Or go to their website.

Work without a permit: Phone the Inspections Branch and speak to Ron Dyck (604.873.7174) or Frank Hill (604.873.7705) or the Enquiry Centre at 604.873.7611 for clarification. Click here for more information.

Garbage around the construction site. Click here.

Did they protect the trees from construction? Click here. To make enquiries about the protection or removal of trees, call 604-257-8573.

Work conditions: Phone Work Safe 604.276.3100 or e-mail or see the prevention information line.

Illegal Parking for construction vehicles: Call 311.

Vandalism or break and enter situations: Phone the police at 911.

Consider telling the mayor and councillors what you think:

Mayor Gregor Robertson 604.873.7621
Councillor Suzanne Anton 604.873.7247
Councillor David Cadman 604.873.7244
Councillor George Chow 604.873.7245
Councillor Heather Deal 604.873.7242
Councillor Kerry Jang 604.873.7246
Councillor Raymond Louie 604.873.7243
Councillor Geoff Meggs 604.873.7249
Councillor Andrea Reimer 604.873.7241
Councillor Tim Stevenson 604.873.7247
Councillor Ellen Woodsworth 604.873.7240

Vancouver City Hall

453 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC, V5Y 1V4
Phone: 604-873-7011
Web Site: